Sioux

Default Changing the Source file path for inserting pictures?

Dunno if my heading made sense ....... but what I'd like to know is, is there
a way to change the sources file when inserting pictures?

I go to INSERT PICTURE / FROM FILE and it automatically takes me into word's
clip art collection. I have to click on the drop down menu to go to MY DOCS
then MY PICS.I want to be able to change this to MY PICS. I've looked in the
properties and options etc and havn't been able to do it. Any suggestions?

I'm sure it used to open in the last folder looked into.

Cheers
Suzanne

Doug Robbins

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the File Locations tab
and modify the path for Clipart pictures so that it points to the desired
folder.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Sioux" wrote in message
Dunno if my heading made sense ....... but what I'd like to know is, is
there
a way to change the sources file when inserting pictures?

I go to INSERT PICTURE / FROM FILE and it automatically takes me into
word's
clip art collection. I have to click on the drop down menu to go to MY
DOCS
then MY PICS.I want to be able to change this to MY PICS. I've looked in
the
properties and options etc and havn't been able to do it. Any suggestions?

I'm sure it used to open in the last folder looked into.

Cheers
Suzanne

Sioux

Doh .... Thanks for that Doug. I had looked at that but was afraid to change
it incase it buggered up inserting my Clip Art. I've changed it now and all
is working fine. The clip art search still appears in a side menu when I
request it and insert picture goes where I want it to now.
Cheers Buddy

XX Sioux

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the File Locations tab

"Sioux" wrote in message
Dunno if my heading made sense ....... but what I'd like to know is, is
there
a way to change the sources file when inserting pictures?

I go to INSERT PICTURE / FROM FILE and it automatically takes me into
word's
clip art collection. I have to click on the drop down menu to go to MY
DOCS
then MY PICS.I want to be able to change this to MY PICS. I've looked in
the
properties and options etc and havn't been able to do it. Any suggestions?

I'm sure it used to open in the last folder looked into.

Cheers
Suzanne

Note, however, that this just changes the default folder and doesn't make
Word default to the last-used folder. The only way to do that is to have
*no* path for clip art on the File Locations tab, and I believe the only way
to accomplish this, once one has been set, is to edit the Registry.

Search the Registry for "PICTURE-PATH." For Word 2003 it will be in the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Options folder. Delete
that key, and you'll be back to defaulting to the most recently used folder.

If you prefer not to edit the Registry, a workaround (for Word 2002 and 2003
only) is to add the desired folder to the Places Bar while you're working in
it.

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the File Locations tab