Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Thing One Thing One is offline

Default Problem with envelope continuous feed

Word 2007/HP LaserJet 4

In Word, with tray source set to Envelope Feeder, and the printer's
envelope feeder configured for COM10 (the size of envelopes we are
using), the printer still goes offline when an envelope is sent to
print. Any suggestions as to how to get envelopes to continuously
feed, instead of having to put the printer back on line each time an
envelope is sent to print, will be greatly appreciated. (If this is
more appropriated posted elsewhere, please advise and I apologize.)
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have set options from the envelope dialog not to be the default
'manual' and it still prints as manual feed, then consider using an envelope
template to create envelopes. If this approach appeals, you can download a
Word 2007 add-in that integrates #10 size envelope templates with a modified
Mailings Ribbon from the following link. http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm
This is the version I use myself. Ensure you read the accompanying note on
the link as the file locations and document setup are important. The
envelope templates included are not the same as those available separately
from my site, but can equally be modified to suit your requirements
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm for example to include a
formatted return address with your company logo.
I have left the template uploading while breaking off for breakfast and the
connection is very slow this morning. If the file is not available try again
in 30 minutes.