Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default Word 2007 Table Styles

Can anyone tell me the steps to modify an existing table style or create a
new table style such that the first row is defined in the style as a heading
row and will repeat if the table breaks across a page?

I am using a custom table style and often the tables extend beyond one page.
My style has a colored heading row. Whenever I try to modify the style
e.g., FormatTable PropertiesRowRepeat as heading row at top of each page,
then all rows in the preview pane take on the color of my heading row and if
I apply the style every row is colored with the heading row color.

Thanks

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Summer Summer is offline

Greg,
You having an issue! The tablebody style is something I use only for text.
I use a tableheading for text heading.
The format of the actual table I format and that includes the header row for
however many rows and shading etc.
Then I select header row(s) and apply tableheading across the row for the
text.
I then select my 1 row body and select tablebody (if using) for the text in
the body.
I then of course save it as Autotext/QuickParts as you would too.

You can email it to (alias Summer) and I can look
at it in 2007 and see what it's doing on my screen.

You could also try splitting the table header from body and edit your header
rows that way - but I thinkit is your style that is giving you grief!

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the steps to modify an existing table style or create a
new table style such that the first row is defined in the style as a
heading row and will repeat if the table breaks across a page?

I am using a custom table style and often the tables extend beyond one
page. My style has a colored heading row. Whenever I try to modify the
style e.g., FormatTable PropertiesRowRepeat as heading row at top of
each page, then all rows in the preview pane take on the color of my
heading row and if I apply the style every row is colored with the heading
row color.

Thanks

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
For some helpful tips using Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Summer,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I too use one style for table headings and a
different style for the text. The problem I was having was the Table Style
itself. I had an existing style that had one color for the heading row, a
different color for even bands, and a different color for odd bands. I was
trying to modify that sytle so that the heading row (with its color) would
repeat if the table broke accross the page. Last night, everything I tried
resulted in the entire table being colored with the heading row color. Aftet
some sleep an a few attempts today, it seems to be working fine.

--

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the steps to modify an existing table style or
create a new table style such that the first row is defined in the
style as a heading row and will repeat if the table breaks across a
page? I am using a custom table style and often the tables extend beyond
one page. My style has a colored heading row. Whenever I try to
modify the style e.g., FormatTable PropertiesRowRepeat as heading
row at top of each page, then all rows in the preview pane take on
the color of my heading row and if I apply the style every row is
colored with the heading row color.

Thanks

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
For some helpful tips using Word.

Multi-level Outlines, Styles & Table of Contents in Word 2007 Alan Microsoft Word Help 9 January 14th 09 04:10 AM
Word 2007 - table styles from older versions Pygmalion Microsoft Word Help 1 September 5th 07 03:15 PM
Table Styles Word 2007 duncan Tables 0 July 17th 07 07:32 PM
Table Styles in Word 2007 Benjamin Barrett Microsoft Word Help 1 July 7th 07 10:12 PM
Table styles, new in 2007 Chris Orr Tables 1 February 6th 07 12:53 PM