Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
corymcnutt corymcnutt is offline

Default StyleWriter for Editing/Grammar makes 2007 "not respond" to Closin

I am using Word 2007 on both my Desktop and Notebook. I already had SW on my
desktop before I upgraded to Office 2007. Word 2007 has ALWAYS given me an
error message that it cannot close and now it will "force a close," and that
works. I never had that problem with Word 2007 on my new notebook and could
not figure out why. But this past weekend I loaded SW onto my laptop and now
it does the same thing. SW is a 16-bit program and in order to get it to
install at all I had to follow this procedure and copy all three programs
into my Windows folder.

Is there any fix for this annoyance? SW is working on a 32-bit version but
it will be a while before it come outs. Does this happen with ALL 16-bit
programs/add-ins? SW shows up under the Add-ins under Word 2007. Thanks for
any and all comments.

Cory