Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LBrown

Default Can not click on the spelling & grammer tab in options menu?

Lately I've noticed that word has not been picking up on spelling errors so I
thought I would go up to the tools menu and then to options and in the
options menu I tried to click on the Spelling and & Grammer tab but it is not
highlighted and will not let me click on the tab. I've tried to uninstall
and reinstall word but it didn't work. Please Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TEJyb3du?=,

Lately I've noticed that word has not been picking up on spelling errors so I
thought I would go up to the tools menu and then to options and in the
options menu I tried to click on the Spelling and & Grammer tab but it is not
highlighted and will not let me click on the tab. I've tried to uninstall
and reinstall word but it didn't work.

If the Spelling and Grammar tab in Tools/Options isn't available, this indicates
the proofing tools aren't installed. If this happened to me, the first thing I
would try is:

1. START/Settings/Control Panel

2. Run "Add/Remove programs"

3. Select the Microsoft Office (or Word, if you have a stand-alone version
installed) and choose the "Change" option

4. Choose the Add or Remove features option in the Setup dialog box

5. In the following one, activate "Choose advanced customization of
applications"

6. Under "Office shared features" locate the entry for Proofing tools. Make sure
the tools for the language(s) you want are set to "Run from my computer".

7. click "Update"

Note: I'm looking at the dialogs for Office 2003. If you have a different
version the captions may be slightly different, but the basic steps should be
the same.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Why can't I double click an item in a drop down menu to insert? akhometeam Microsoft Word Help 4 October 24th 05 04:59 PM
spelling a grammer check problem abcd Microsoft Word Help 4 July 7th 05 06:51 PM
spelling menu Jan Microsoft Word Help 1 May 9th 05 06:07 PM
lost toolbars and menu options Michele Microsoft Word Help 1 January 4th 05 06:37 PM