Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tech tech is offline

Default Backgroud in textbox

I have created a text box. I want to insert a picture to use as a watermark.
When I insert the picture I can select the picture properties and change it
to washout which is great. However the option to change the layout to behind
text is greyed out, as are all of the layout options. I want to have the
picture behind the text, only inside the text box. Is there a better way to
do this?
--
NLHTECH
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Instead of insert the picture, have you tried using the Format Text Box,
Colors and Lines, Color: Fill Effects, Picture, to insert the picture as the
background of the text box.
You will probably need to fiddle with the picture size to get the desired
effect in the text box, ensure you check the box "Lock picture aspect ratio"
in the Picture dialog.
You can use the Transparency scrol bar to get the washout effect.
This background will always be behind any text in the TextBox.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Tech" wrote:

I have created a text box. I want to insert a picture to use as a watermark.
When I insert the picture I can select the picture properties and change it
to washout which is great. However the option to change the layout to behind
text is greyed out, as are all of the layout options. I want to have the
picture behind the text, only inside the text box. Is there a better way to
do this?
--
NLHTECH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GTS GTS is offline

It sounds like you are trying to make the picture go behind the text using
the picture toolbar. Try this:

After getting the picture the way you want, click on the border of the text
box and format the text box to go behind the text. It's the whole text box
that goes behind, not just the picture in the text box. Does that make sense?

--
GTS

"Tech" wrote:

I have created a text box. I want to insert a picture to use as a watermark.
When I insert the picture I can select the picture properties and change it
to washout which is great. However the option to change the layout to behind
text is greyed out, as are all of the layout options. I want to have the
picture behind the text, only inside the text box. Is there a better way to
do this?
--
NLHTECH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CDJM2000 CDJM2000 is offline

DeanH,

After create Text Box under ActiveX controls - Format Object - Color and
Lines - Fill -Color: Fill Effects... Picture - Select Picture
I can view the picture after select and set Transparency to 10%, 50% and 100%
I can't see any image in the text box? I'm missing anything?

What we like to do is make a note on top of the image. is it possible?

Thanks

"Tech" wrote:

I have created a text box. I want to insert a picture to use as a watermark.
When I insert the picture I can select the picture properties and change it
to washout which is great. However the option to change the layout to behind
text is greyed out, as are all of the layout options. I want to have the
picture behind the text, only inside the text box. Is there a better way to
do this?
--
NLHTECH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want to put text on top of an image, then you can insert the image
inline (In Line with Text wrapping) and use a text box with No Line and No
Fill with In Front of Text wrapping.

http://word.mvps.org