Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
goingyourway

Default table column size changes when copying and pasting

When I copy columns from one table to add to another table, the column width
reverts to the size of the last column in the new table. I have tried the
Microsoft suggested solution of copying the end of row marks to keep the
formatting but it doesn't work. I am using Word 2000 on a PC. Can anyone
help please? I have about a hundred tables that I have created in a document
in portrait and now want to add two new columns of different widths in
landscape as a check list.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rich

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your question. But are you aware of the command
"Table Properties" on the Table menu. It will allow you to set specific
widths for both columns and rows.

My suggestion would be to just let Word go ahead and adjust the column
widths. When you are finished cutting and pasting, use the Table Properties
command to adjust your columns widths as needed. Work with contiguous
columns, too, to prevent you having to repeat the same task.

"goingyourway" wrote:

When I copy columns from one table to add to another table, the column width
reverts to the size of the last column in the new table. I have tried the
Microsoft suggested solution of copying the end of row marks to keep the
formatting but it doesn't work. I am using Word 2000 on a PC. Can anyone
help please? I have about a hundred tables that I have created in a document
in portrait and now want to add two new columns of different widths in
landscape as a check list.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
goingyourway

That's what I had to do in the end Rich. But I had around 100 tables in a
document that needed to be changed, so it was tedious work.
Regards
Jenni