Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George de Nice[_2_] George de Nice[_2_] is offline

Default bookmarking - why can't I give a name

I'm trying to use bookmarks in Word. If i give the new bookmark a name with
more than on letter the "add" button disappears. I can't even give it a
number. Is it not possible to give a bookmark a name which means something?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can use up to 40 characters. All letters are allowed. You can also use
underscores inside the name. Numbers, spaces and other characters are not
allowed.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"George de Nice" wrote:

I'm trying to use bookmarks in Word. If i give the new bookmark a name with
more than on letter the "add" button disappears. I can't even give it a
number. Is it not possible to give a bookmark a name which means something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Actually, numbers are legal characters in a Bookmark name - the name just
can't start with a digit :-)

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"George de Nice" wrote:

I'm trying to use bookmarks in Word. If i give the new bookmark a name
with
more than on letter the "add" button disappears. I can't even give it a
number. Is it not possible to give a bookmark a name which means
something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You are right. My mistake...

--

"George de Nice" wrote:

I'm trying to use bookmarks in Word. If i give the new bookmark a name
with
more than on letter the "add" button disappears. I can't even give it a
number. Is it not possible to give a bookmark a name which means
something?

Bookmarking & Hyperlinking---question WaltzingMatilda Microsoft Word Help 2 February 22nd 07 09:08 PM
bookmarking and hyperlinking throughout a document Lynne Microsoft Word Help 1 August 9th 06 10:26 PM
Bookmarking pages ab New Users 8 May 12th 06 10:28 PM
Bookmarking the FILLIN Field DGjr. Microsoft Word Help 1 February 25th 05 08:32 PM
bookmarking is not working rob Microsoft Word Help 1 January 8th 05 04:07 AM