Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Merryterry Merryterry is offline

Default Linking Headings to paragraphs lower down in a report

I have a template report in MS word 2003 in which there is a list of
main headings that are re-arranged to suit the circumstances of the
client and, further down in the report there are paragraphs that
explain these headings. How do I link the two together so that the
main headings and the paragraphs appear in the same order in the
report albeit in different places?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Use the Outline View, which can be used to moved "sections" around, ie if you
move a Heading 1, all that is between this Heading and the next will stay
with it.
For further details see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...iewcontent.htm
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Merryterry" wrote:

I have a template report in MS word 2003 in which there is a list of
main headings that are re-arranged to suit the circumstances of the
client and, further down in the report there are paragraphs that
explain these headings. How do I link the two together so that the
main headings and the paragraphs appear in the same order in the
report albeit in different places?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It seems to me that you are describing either cross-references (Insert |
Reference | Cross-reference) to headings, or a table of contents (Insert |
Reference | Index and Tables).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP