Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
daisy daisy is offline

Default How to make a text file work in Word 2007 with Live Preview.

I have a txt file extension that I need to incorporate into Word 2007 with
Live Preview function.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Daisy,

I have a txt file extension that I need to incorporate into Word 2007 with
Live Preview function.

What do you mean by "Live Preview"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
daisy daisy is offline

Cindy,

In Word 2007 as you point to different Heading styles there is a "Live
Preview" of how the document would look with different fonts.

Thanks,

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi Daisy,

I have a txt file extension that I need to incorporate into Word 2007 with
Live Preview function.

What do you mean by "Live Preview"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?RGFpc3k=?=,

In Word 2007 as you point to different Heading styles there is a "Live
Preview" of how the document would look with different fonts.

If I open a *.txt file in Word, then hover over a style in the Quick Styles
gallery in the Home tab on the Ribbon, I see the Live Preview for that style for
the current selection.

I have a txt file extension that I need to incorporate into Word 2007 with
Live Preview function.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Hello Daisy -

Live Preview is a feature of the Word 2007 program, itself. It merely
enables you to see what certain effects will have on the document content
without actually having to apply the change.

Although you can open a text file in Word & use any of the program's
features you wish, the .txt file format doesn't support those effects,
features or formatting. In order to retain the changes you make you need to
Save As using a more robust file format - preferably .docx which is the
native format for Word 2007.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/24/08 9:47 AM, in article
, "Daisy"
wrote:

Cindy,

In Word 2007 as you point to different Heading styles there is a "Live
Preview" of how the document would look with different fonts.

Thanks,

Hi Daisy,