Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pgcoman pgcoman is offline

Default Excessive saving

My word document wants to keep saving each time I stop typing. I've turned
off "Always create backup" and "Allow background save" but it keeps saving.
What do I need to do to keep "it" from "autosaving" after almost every
keystroke entry????
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pgcoman pgcoman is offline

Update: It might not actually be "saving" - what is really happening is that
the hour glass keeps popping up, the screen blanks out to white for a moment,
and then I can begin typing again. While the hour glass is up and the screen
is white - I cannot do anything.

"pgcoman" wrote:

My word document wants to keep saving each time I stop typing. I've turned
off "Always create backup" and "Allow background save" but it keeps saving.
What do I need to do to keep "it" from "autosaving" after almost every
keystroke entry????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is it a fairly large document (lots of graphics, for instance) that
might need more memory than is available in RAM, so Word has to swap
to disk storage all the time? One way to deal with that is to switch
to Normal view (Draft view in Word2007). Another is to add RAM to your
computer (which they keep telling me is fairly cheap these days.)

"pgcoman" wrote:
My word document wants to keep saving each time I stop typing. *I've turned
off "Always create backup" and "Allow background save" but it keeps saving.
What do I need to do to keep "it" from "autosaving" after almost every
keystroke entry????-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Also, note that the document may be damaged. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--