Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swimtiger swimtiger is offline

Default Can I use speech recognition in Office 2007?

I was wondering if it was possible to use speech recognition with office
2007? if it is, how can I use it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Speech recognition was removed as a feature from Office 2007. It will
now be supported by Windows. You either need a Windows that supports it
(Tablet PC, Vista) or find a way to install it on an XP Pro system.
There might be a way to download it from Microsoft or you might be able
to install the software that comes with 2003.
I unfortunately haven't heard of anyone who managed to get speech
recognition to work on XP Pro with reproducible steps.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"swimtiger" wrote in message
:

I was wondering if it was possible to use speech recognition with office
2007? if it is, how can I use it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Tiger,

MS Office 2007 does not include the 'alternative input' choices (ink, draw anywhere, speech-dictation) included in Office XP(2002)
or 2003. These were deemed to be 'Windows functions' and the Windows team is responsible for them now

You may want to use the link below to check with the MS Desktop Speech folks to see what their suggestions are for reimplementing
dictation on Windows XP for Office 2007.

==========
--
Please let us know if this has helped,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS
A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new...speech.desktop

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader