Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jenny Hamilton

Default Word crashes when printing on network printer

It happens everytime.

I have two computers in my office, a desktop and a laptop - both running
WinXP (all patches). I have a HP Color LaserJet 2600N attached to my desktop
via an USB cable.

I have made this printer shareable.

I connected my laptop to this shared printer.

All applications on my laptop print just fine on the attached network
printer but not MS Word (using Office XP; Word version 2002 - 10.2627.2625).
During the print, Word crashes, ("MS Word has encountered a problem and
needs to close...blah blah..") Upon checking the details of the error, it
lists ModName sr32.dll and version number (10.0.2627.0), among other things.
Word then shuts down, recovers the file and I am back to square one! Still
can't print!

I have done uninstall, reinstall, repair so many times but nothing has
worked. I also realized the same problem occurs with any Office application,
be it Excel or PowerPoint or Outlook.

I searched the net and thought I had found a solution (installing a dummy
printer on the laptop etc) but that did not resolve my problem. Since no
other program on the laptop has this problem, I assume it's an Office issue.

Please help resolve this problem. I am getting tired of emailing myself
those files that I need to print and then go to the desktop, receive the
email and then print!

Thanks,

Jenny Hamilton