Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LadyLuck2113 LadyLuck2113 is offline

Default How do I insert text without deleting the rest of the paragraph?

In a paragraph in MS Word, I want to insert text without deleting the rest of
the paragraph. Right now my settings doesn't insert text, it types over and
deletes any character thereafter such as letters, spaces, and symbols. How do
I change this back to plain old inserting?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press the Insert key once (or double-click the OVR indicator on the
status bar) to turn off Overtype mode.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LadyLuck2113" wrote in message
In a paragraph in MS Word, I want to insert text without deleting

the rest of
the paragraph. Right now my settings doesn't insert text, it types

over and
deletes any character thereafter such as letters, spaces, and

symbols. How do
I change this back to plain old inserting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

You accidentally toggled the overwrite feature. OVR will be shown at the
foot of the screen. Press INS once to toggle it back.