Shewe

Default Controlled vocabulary for custom properties-2 questions

1. Is there a way of populating or migrating terms to the Custom Properties
or keywords field of a Word Document? We would like to use a drop down menu
of terms chosen from a controlled thesaurus (Access DB or ?).

2. Is there a way to apply keywords or Custom properties to several
documents at once? (Perhaps moving them to a folder that as these properties
so that they cascade down?)
Thanks.
Sheila

Jezebel

1. No, there's no access to that damnable list of default custom properties.
But they are only suggestions, anyway.

2. To set up a specific list of properties, add them to the template you're
using: documents created from the template will inherit them.

3. There's no bulk update function for properties provided with Word. There
are macros that do it, and quite a number of document management products
that do it also.