Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AJN AJN is offline

Default inserting picture in word and making it clickable to enlarge it

I have inserted snall photos into word text document. I want a reader to be
able to click on the photo and see an enlarged version
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: inserting picture in word and making it clickable to enlarge it

Steps to insert a clickable picture in Word:
  1. Insert your picture into your Word document by clicking on the "Insert" tab and selecting "Pictures" from the "Illustrations" group. Choose the picture you want to insert and click "Insert."
  2. Click on the picture to select it. Then, click on the "Insert Hyperlink" button in the "Links" group on the "Insert" tab.
  3. In the "Insert Hyperlink" dialog box, select "Existing File or Web Page" from the options on the left. Then, navigate to the location of the larger version of your picture on your computer or on the web.
  4. Once you have selected the larger version of your picture, click "OK" to close the "Insert Hyperlink" dialog box.
  5. Now, when someone clicks on the picture in your Word document, it will open the larger version of the picture.

That's it! Your picture is now clickable and will open an enlarged version when clicked.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi AJN,

Here's one way:

First: Create a custom document property named 'PicSize' as a Yes/No type.

Second: Insert a MACROBUTTON field, coded as:
{MACROBUTTON PicSize {IF{DOCPROPERTY PicSize}= Y "Pic1 Here" "Pic2 Here"}}
and insert the images in-line with text where indicated. It doesn't matter which is which. When you're done, select the field and
press F9 to update it.

Third: Add the following macro to the document:
Sub PicSize()
With ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties("PicSize")
.Value = Not .Value
End With
With Selection
.Fields.Update
.Collapse
End With
End Sub

Now, whenever you double-click on the picture, Word will resize it.

Note: Both sets of field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the MACROBUTTON field are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or
copy & paste them from this message. If you want, you can have multiple instances of the MACROBUTTON field with the same or
different pictures and each will behave the same way.

--
Cheers
macropod

"AJN" wrote in message ...
I have inserted snall photos into word text document. I want a reader to be
able to click on the photo and see an enlarged version

sandeep424 sandeep424 is offline
Junior Member

Can SOmeOne explain me
Step 2: Insert a MACROBUTTON field, coded as:
{MACROBUTTON PicSize {IF{DOCPROPERTY PicSize}= Y "Pic1 Here" "Pic2 Here"}}
and insert the images in-line with text where indicated. It doesn't matter which is which. When you're done, select the field and
press F9 to update it.

(i) What should I fill in "Pic 1 here" and "Pic2 Here"
(ii) What do you mean by insert the images in-line with test where indicated - Does it mean to insert my images anywhere where I want to?
(iii) WHich field should I select and press F9 - MACROFIELD
(iv) Does the code '{MACROBUTTON PicSize {IF{DOCPROPERTY PicSize}= Y "Pic1 Here" "Pic2 Here"}}' come under Sub MACROBUTTON() and End Sub. When I paste this under these two tags and run it it shows me compile errors?

I am sorry for asking these questions?.But Please help me understnad these details?

Sandeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod[_2_] View Post