Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
s.d.c. s.d.c. is offline

Default Please help!

We have alot of people who work for us and speak different languages and I
can't find out how to wite a word doc. in english and send it in spanish so
they ca read it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hire a translator if you want it done right. (Mistranslating something could
be dangerous.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"s.d.c." wrote in message
We have alot of people who work for us and speak different languages and I
can't find out how to wite a word doc. in english and send it in spanish
so
they ca read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

My brother has several guys working under him who do are not
English-speaking. He's been having a heck of a time getting signs created
for the machinery at work. He is already wearing a huge scar from a steam
scald and can only count to about 4¼ on one hand. And he *does* read
English! (Or at least he's capable of doing so. If he did, he'd still be
counting up to 5.) He asked me about translation software a while back and I
advised him against it. People can get seriously hurt, or worse, in his
plant. That is one area where you don't need funky translations.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"s.d.c." wrote in message
We have alot of people who work for us and speak different languages and
can't find out how to wite a word doc. in english and send it in spanish
so
they ca read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User is offline

For anything official, or where it is very important to get a message
across, do NOT ever use an online translator..

--
Mike Hall
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"s.d.c." wrote in message
We have alot of people who work for us and speak different languages and I
can't find out how to wite a word doc. in english and send it in spanish
so
they ca read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

And make sure you get it translated so the people reading it can understand
it. High Castilian Spanish may be near unintelligible to a border-slang
worker with a low education level. (That's not a slam - just an observation
from someone who's live a stone's throw from our southern border for 30
years, as well as a very real consideration for legal and safety
considerations.)

Ed

"s.d.c." wrote in message
We have alot of people who work for us and speak different languages and
can't find out how to wite a word doc. in english and send it in spanish
so
they ca read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Or anywhere that can endanger someone.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"s.d.c." wrote in message
We have alot of people who work for us and speak different languages and
can't find out how to wite a word doc. in english and send it in spanish
so
they ca read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you want to have fun with translation, look at
http://jay-freedman.info/images/clock1.jpg,
http://jay-freedman.info/images/clock2.jpg, and
http://jay-freedman.info/images/clock3.jpg.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 06:52:45 +1000, wrote:

So right! I still have an FM transmitter with a translated manual,
containing '...if there is a borad casting on an immediate canal...'

. ..

"s.d.c." wrote in message
We have alot of people who work for us and speak different languages and
can't find out how to wite a word doc. in english and send it in spanish
so
they ca read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Embezzling sleep?? I would like to learn how to do that, especially since
I've had some problems with insomnia lately.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"s.d.c." wrote in message
We have alot of people who work for us and speak different languages
and
can't find out how to wite a word doc. in english and send it in
spanish
so
they ca read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User is offline

... like an online translator.. :-)

--
Mike Hall
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User