gjl75

Default Comment bubble text -- changing line spacing

My commenting bubble text seems adopts the font style/characteristics of the
main text. Thus, when the main text is triple-spaced, my commenting text is
the same, and my bubbles expand to out-of-control proportions. I'm able to
change the font style and justification under "Change the way tracked changes
and comments look" in Help, but it won't change the line spacing. Can anyone
help?

This suggests that you have modified the line spacing of Normal style, which
you are using for the body text. Because the Comment Text style is based on
Normal, it adopts the line spacing. This is why we suggest not modifying
Normal style in this way and using Body Text instead (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...BodyStyles.htm), but in this
case, it will be more efficient to modify the Comment Text style to be
single-spaced. See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

"gjl75" wrote in message
My commenting bubble text seems adopts the font style/characteristics of

the
main text. Thus, when the main text is triple-spaced, my commenting text

is
the same, and my bubbles expand to out-of-control proportions. I'm able to
change the font style and justification under "Change the way tracked

changes
and comments look" in Help, but it won't change the line spacing. Can

anyone
help?

gjl75

Neither suggestion is working out in my case. I open the Styles and
Formatting window, click on Comment Text, click on Modify, and although it
says it is single-spaced, it doesn't appear that way. Also, even if I change
the font size, the font size remains the same. The only thing it allows me to
do is change the font itself. This happens when I click on "Add to Template,"
when I change "Style based on" to (no style), and when I click on the Format
button and change the line spacing under the Paragraph option. It simply
ignores what I want it to do.

"gjl75" wrote in message
My commenting bubble text seems adopts the font style/characteristics of

the
main text. Thus, when the main text is triple-spaced, my commenting text

is
the same, and my bubbles expand to out-of-control proportions. I'm able to
change the font style and justification under "Change the way tracked

changes
and comments look" in Help, but it won't change the line spacing. Can

anyone
help?

I'm not sure what the answer is then. If you would like to send a *small*
sample doc, I'll have a look.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This suggests that you have modified the line spacing of Normal style,

which
you are using for the body text. Because the Comment Text style is based

on
Normal, it adopts the line spacing. This is why we suggest not modifying
Normal style in this way and using Body Text instead (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...BodyStyles.htm), but in

this
case, it will be more efficient to modify the Comment Text style to be
single-spaced. See

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"gjl75" wrote in message
My commenting bubble text seems adopts the font style/characteristics

of
the
main text. Thus, when the main text is triple-spaced, my commenting

text
is
the same, and my bubbles expand to out-of-control proportions. I'm

able to
change the font style and justification under "Change the way tracked

changes
and comments look" in Help, but it won't change the line spacing. Can

anyone
help?

You should be able to see my email address in my post, but send it to
sbarnhill (at) mvps (dot) org.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure what the answer is then. If you would like to send a

*small*
sample doc, I'll have a look.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news

"gjl75" wrote in message
My commenting bubble text seems adopts the font

style/characteristics
of
the
main text. Thus, when the main text is triple-spaced, my

commenting
text
is
the same, and my bubbles expand to out-of-control proportions. I'm

able to
change the font style and justification under "Change the way

tracked
changes
and comments look" in Help, but it won't change the line spacing.

Can
anyone
help?

line spacing issue with Asian docs Brad Page Layout 3 December 10th 10 12:00 PM
line & paragraph spacing in Word Jackie D Microsoft Word Help 20 March 15th 09 03:15 AM
line spacing incorrect JerryW Tables 3 April 12th 05 10:48 PM
Line Spacing has changed from the original normal template. jrpeders Page Layout 3 April 12th 05 12:07 PM
Automatically changing text when another text is changed Melissa S Microsoft Word Help 1 December 29th 04 09:43 PM