Goose040

Default Date Field Formatting

I want to insert a date with the format "April 29, 2005." When I click
"Insert" , "Date and Time" I don't see "April 29, 2005" under "Available
formats". I know that I can insert a field with the customized date format
"MMMM d, YYYY" to accomplish this, but I would like to know if there is a way
to have the "April 29, 2005" show up in the "Available formats" dialogue box
when I click "Insert" , "Date and Time."

Thanks!
CyberTaz

Hi Goose -

That format 'should' be the third one in the list. Sure its not there?

You should also be able to simply type April(space) and then press Enter to
autocomplete the date in that format. Does that not work either?

Which version of Word & Windows?

Regard |:)

"Goose040" wrote:

I want to insert a date with the format "April 29, 2005." When I click
"Insert" , "Date and Time" I don't see "April 29, 2005" under "Available
formats". I know that I can insert a field with the customized date format
"MMMM d, YYYY" to accomplish this, but I would like to know if there is a way
to have the "April 29, 2005" show up in the "Available formats" dialogue box
when I click "Insert" , "Date and Time."

Thanks!

Charles Kenyon

Insert Date is not a good way to get the current date into most documents.
The way I use is to put a CreateDate field into a custom document template
such as a letterhead. Then I use that template to create my new documents.
The document is created with the date already where I want it.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them. A simple option is to
make such a CreateDate field and save it as an AutoText entry. You can then
assign a keyboard shortcut or menu command to your field, formatted the way
you want it.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.