Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Raffi Raffi is offline

Default saving toolbars - Word 2003

How do I save my toolbar settings from one computer to another? I'm planning
to format my computer but would like to save my toolbar settings. Is there a
file somewhere that has it saved?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Unless you've specifically chosen to save these customizations in another
template, they're stored in Normal.dot. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm

"Raffi" wrote in message
How do I save my toolbar settings from one computer to another? I'm

planning
to format my computer but would like to save my toolbar settings. Is

there a
file somewhere that has it saved?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Raffi Raffi is offline

Thanks - so to transfer my toolbar settings from computer to computer all I
would need to do is transfer this file, normal.dot? Where would I find that?
(It doesn't seem to come up in my searches.)

Thanks!

Raffi

"Raffi" wrote in message
How do I save my toolbar settings from one computer to another? I'm

planning
to format my computer but would like to save my toolbar settings. Is

there a
file somewhere that has it saved?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

By default it is a hidden file in the folder defined at tools options
file locations user templates (the folder is probably hidden too) Set
Windows Explorer to look for hidden files when you run your search.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unless you've specifically chosen to save these customizations in
another template, they're stored in Normal.dot. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.