Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CJBookie CJBookie is offline

Default Cannot delete footer/footer box

I have searched through this forum, but have not found a solution to my
problem. The closest I have come is this thread:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=en-us&m=1&p=1

I'm trying to totally delete a footer that suddenly has 'taken over' my
document. I did not originally create a footer in the document, but now one
is 'showing up' - with no text in it. It has messed up my bottom margin in a
28 page document. Where there should be, or appears to be a space for
another row of text, when I click on enter, it jumps to the next page.

I worked on this document yesterday, and it was not doing that then. The
document is very slow to respond - when clicking next to text or a text box,
it "hangs", then sometimes jumps to where the cursor was prior to where I
clicked to place it.

That time of year - I am creating the exhibitor handbook for our fair. Some
of you may recall my issues with it last year.
--
I have a "love/hate" relationship with computers - I love them, they hate me!