Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rosawood rosawood is offline

Default Hyperlink completely exposed in document

I have Office 2003 on my laptop. Whenever there's a hyperlink in it, it
gives every detail associated with the hyperlink, such as the following:
Instead of a live link, it shows me {HYPERLINK
"http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/omd/contents/pathology.html"

I'm not putting the ending symbols, because then you won't see how it appears.
How do I get a live link instead of this nonsense? I've looked through all
the settings , a very tedious job, and haven't found where I need to change
them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rosawood rosawood is offline

Thank you! This has been driving me buggy, but where in the help files does
it state that? Or where in the options does that get set?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

The results of fields are displayed by default. In Word 2007 you can choose
to display field codes rather than field results, although this is generally
not desirable:

Click the Microsoft Office button
Click Word Options
Click Advanced
Under Show document content, check the Show field codes instead of their
values (field results) check box
Settings for shading the field codes are available just below this check box
Click OK

"rosawood" wrote:

I have Office 2003 on my laptop. Whenever there's a hyperlink in it, it
gives every detail associated with the hyperlink, such as the following:
Instead of a live link, it shows me {HYPERLINK
"http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/omd/contents/pathology.html"

I'm not putting the ending symbols, because then you won't see how it appears.
How do I get a live link instead of this nonsense? I've looked through all
the settings , a very tedious job, and haven't found where I need to change
them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To show/hide field codes, press Alt+F9. In Tools | Options, you'll find this
setting on the View tab.

To print field codes (field results), check (clear) the option on the Print
tab of Tools | Options.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP