Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Training Goddess Training Goddess is offline

Default Page numbering changes when opening footer in Word 2003

When I view the Page x of y in Print Layout view, it shows 'Page 39 of 39' on
the last page. But when I open the Footer to edit it says 'Page 43 of 43'.

The last section (Section 3) has two-column layout but there doesn't seem to
be any change in this layout when going into the footer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See if the article at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm
helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Training Goddess" wrote in message
When I view the Page x of y in Print Layout view, it shows 'Page 39 of 39'
on
the last page. But when I open the Footer to edit it says 'Page 43 of 43'.

The last section (Section 3) has two-column layout but there doesn't seem
be any change in this layout when going into the footer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Training Goddess Training Goddess is offline

Unfortunately, I've checked this page and it doesn't apply to/explain the
issue I'm having.

Please note also that the last section has 2-column layout.

Thanks for your response, but hopefully we can continue working on this.

Training Goddess
Microsoft Office 2003 Certified Master Instructor

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See if the article at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm
helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Training Goddess" wrote in message
When I view the Page x of y in Print Layout view, it shows 'Page 39 of 39'
on
the last page. But when I open the Footer to edit it says 'Page 43 of 43'.

The last section (Section 3) has two-column layout but there doesn't seem
be any change in this layout when going into the footer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try this: Copy the contents except for the final paragraph mark (Ctrl+A,
Shift+Left arrow, Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) into a new document. Now, can
you recreate the footers and get the page numbers to update correctly? If
so, there was probably some corruption in the old document.