Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GTS GTS is offline

Default Word 07 recent documents

Ack! I'm having trouble transitioning to Word 07!

In Word 03, you can click File and the drop-down menu shows the most recent
documents you worked on.

How do I do that in 07?
--
GTS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

GTS wrote:
Ack! I'm having trouble transitioning to Word 07!

In Word 03, you can click File and the drop-down menu shows the most
recent documents you worked on.

How do I do that in 07?

Click the Office button in the upper left corner. It's more-or-less
equivalent to the File menu.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

In addition to Jay's reply, the Recent Documents list can be set to display
50 documents and you can "pin" documents you use the most to the list by
clicking the push pin to the right of the file name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"GTS" wrote in message
Ack! I'm having trouble transitioning to Word 07!

In Word 03, you can click File and the drop-down menu shows the most
recent
documents you worked on.

How do I do that in 07?
--
GTS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You're welcome. :-) There are several new features that help with the level
of frustration. Here are some additional tips:

- Right-click *everything* in the Ribbon. Some commands can only be found by
right-clicking and do not appear on the Ribbon.

- Add frequently used commands to your Quick Access Bar (the small toolbar
next to the Office Button) by right-clicking them and using the "Add to
Quick Access Toolbar" command. You can remove commands using the same
method. To add an entire group, such as the Font group on the Home tab,
right-click the name of the group instead of a button in the group. Note
that you can also add commands that are found on the Office Button using the
same method as well. For additional customizations, such as rearranging the
commands, right-click the QAT and use the "Customize..." command.

- To quickly find a command use the Interactive Guide. Click the following
link and then click "Start Guide". You can use the old interface to navigate
to a command and it will animate where the command can be found in the new
interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx

There are a few more but hopefully these will get you started. :-)