Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AB AB is offline

Default Is it possible in Word? Different types of Tags/Comments?

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me out - I'm trying to figure out if
it's possible in MsWord (2003) to have kindof different TYPES of
comments that I could insert?
This is what I'm after:
I've got a text document that I'm editing and it would be extremely
helpful if i could select some parts of it and insert Comment
(InsertComment) with my thoughts about it and select some other parts
of the text and insert as if DIFFERENT type of Comment - for example,
"a question" to the person who's written the text in the first place.
So, the difference between the 'Ordinary' comment and the 'Question
comment' would be exactly that - one type would always have just
considerations while the other would always have an open question.
This (type of the comment) would allow the reviewer to distinguish
between just thoughts and pending questions (this is handy when I've
got a couple of dozens in one file).
In theory I could have even 2 types of 'questions' - 'pending' and
'resolved' etc. and therefore distinguishing between them would be
very beneficial.
I tried to address this with InsertReferenceMark [Index] Entry or
Mark Citation
but obviously neither is designed to address this.

I could, perhaps, each time i need to insert a 'question' change in
the Options menu User Information from my name to 'Open Question' and
then the comment would show up as by different reviewer but this
solution seemed a bit cumbersome... There must be a better way of
doing this.

Any ideas what could be the best solution for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

There is no built-in way to do this, but what you can do is *format* the
comment text differently (for example, using different colors or font
sizes); that way, it would be easy to identify the different types of
comments, assuming that you display comments in balloons.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AB" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AB AB is offline

Thanks Stefan!
I was afraid it wan't a built in feature.
Yeah, I've tried the color-coding (green-red-gray) - it kind of works
but obviously doesn't provide the level of automation I was hoping
for. But if that's what it is then that's what it is.

Thanks again for your response.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can create a character style for each color, and then assign keyboard
shortcuts to the styles; that way, it will be a little easier to apply the
appropriate style to comment text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP