Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fiance Fiance is offline

Default Swapping columns in a table?

Hello,

I have a funny desi to swap two columns in a table. I.e. I have Text
A in the left column and Text B in the right one. I'd like to have Text
A in the right column and Text B in the left one, without manual
cut-paste.

I have found no such option, no help in Help and no specific
information during a Google search.

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I assume that when you say "without manual cut-paste" you mean individual
cell by cell. Word is much smarter than that!

Try drag-and-drop. Hold the cursor over the top of Column B so the cursor
changes to a black downward arrow, and click to select the whole column.
Drag it to the left side of Column A and drop it there. Done.

Or, if your hand isn't steady enough for drag-and-drop, select Column B as
above and cut it all at once. Move to the left edge of the first cell of
Column A, and paste. The whole column will be pasted, with the rows in the
correct places.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman