Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ab2002 ab2002 is offline

Default set a symbol in replace field

how can I set a symbol in the replace field of "find and replace "
--
ab2002
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The easiest way is often to put it in the document first and then cut and
paste it into the F&R dialog.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"ab2002" (sans spam) wrote in message
how can I set a symbol in the replace field of "find and replace "
--
ab2002

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ab2002 ab2002 is offline

But it is not possible, after putting it in and copying it, to paste it in
the repalce field !
I had tried this already.
Thanks anyway for your answer

ab2002

--
ab2002

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

The easiest way is often to put it in the document first and then cut and
paste it into the F&R dialog.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"ab2002" (sans spam) wrote in message
how can I set a symbol in the replace field of "find and replace "
--
ab2002

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

How are you trying to paste it? The Ctrl+V shortcut should work.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

ab2002 wrote:
But it is not possible, after putting it in and copying it, to paste
it in the repalce field !
I had tried this already.
Thanks anyway for your answer

ab2002

The easiest way is often to put it in the document first and then
cut and paste it into the F&R dialog.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"ab2002" (sans spam) wrote in message
how can I set a symbol in the replace field of "find and replace "
--
ab2002

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ab2002 ab2002 is offline

well, indeed it pastes something different.
Here is my problem: I want to set in the replace field the 005C Symbol (hex)
which is also 92 Symbol (decimal).

I would be grateful if you can show me how
--
ab2002

ab2002 wrote:
But it is not possible, after putting it in and copying it, to paste
it in the repalce field !
I had tried this already.
Thanks anyway for your answer

ab2002

The easiest way is often to put it in the document first and then
cut and paste it into the F&R dialog.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"ab2002" (sans spam) wrote in message
how can I set a symbol in the replace field of "find and replace "
--
ab2002

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Character 92 (decimal) is the backslash or \ character, which you can insert
directly from the keyboard. If you want it to be inserted in Symbol font, in
which it shows the three-dot "therefore" symbol, you have to use the
formatting capability of the Replace dialog. Follow these steps:

- Click the More button to expand the bottom of the dialog.

- In the Find What box, enter the character being replaced.

- In the Replace With box, type the backslash character.

- While the cursor is still in the Replace With box, click the Format button
at the bottom of the dialog. On the dropdown menu, choose Font.

- In the Font dialog, choose the Symbol font (and any other items, such as
size or color). Click OK.

- Having returned to the Replace dialog, you should see "Font: Symbol" below
the Replace With box. You'll still see a backslash in the box.

- Click the Replace All button (or Find and then Replace).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

ab2002 wrote:
well, indeed it pastes something different.
Here is my problem: I want to set in the replace field the 005C
Symbol (hex) which is also 92 Symbol (decimal).

I would be grateful if you can show me how

How are you trying to paste it? The Ctrl+V shortcut should work.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.