Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruthjoan Ruthjoan is offline

Default CAN'T OPEN FILES IN WORD 2002

Have many files accumulated over the years and suddenly can open none as
shows am in MICROSOFT PHOTO EDITION. Can someone please tell me how to
correct this???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your Windows file association for .doc files has somehow been changed to
open in Photo Editor instead of Word. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...gisterWord.htm . If that
doesn't fix the problem, then see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859 "How to change file
associations in Windows XP".

Ruthjoan wrote:
Have many files accumulated over the years and suddenly can open none as
shows am in MICROSOFT PHOTO EDITION. Can someone please tell me how to
correct this???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruthjoan Ruthjoan is offline

Well, that didn't work for me but this novice got the idea. So clicked
PROPERTIES on ONE of files in MY DOCUMENTS and there it was...change to
MICROSOFT WORD. So clicked on that and am astonished....they ALL changed and
I can open any. Thank you so much for helping me !!

Ruthjoan wrote:
Have many files accumulated over the years and suddenly can open none as
shows am in MICROSOFT PHOTO EDITION. Can someone please tell me how to
correct this???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shinbone Shinbone is offline

Word will not open existing Word documents says "document is not valid" also
when closing down Word I get "Changes have effected the Global template,
Normal, Do you want to save changes" no, "The file already exists do you
want to replace" No, keeps going round in a loop. To close Word I have to use
CRL ALT Delete
--
Thank all