Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Pam is offline

Default Cross Reference Problems

Is there a way to turn all cross references into regular text without
deleting each one and putting in the text? We have several people working on
a huge report and we are trying to use cross references for tables and figure
captions. They are creating a disaster due to all the editing that is going
on. Thanks.
--
pacleg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Pam,

Simple: Select the text containing the cross-references and press Ctrl-Shift-F9.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Pam" wrote in message ...
Is there a way to turn all cross references into regular text without
deleting each one and putting in the text? We have several people working on
a huge report and we are trying to use cross references for tables and figure
captions. They are creating a disaster due to all the editing that is going
on. Thanks.
--
pacleg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you mean you don't want them to be hyperlinked any more, and you
don't want them to update when you move the sources around or insert
new ones, then select any or all of the x-refs you want to do it to,
and press Ctrl-Shift-F9.

If you just want to temporarily turn off their ability to update, and
get it back later, select any or all and press Ctrl-F11; unlock them
later on with Ctrl-Shift-F11. (And then update your fields with F9.)