Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Pam is offline

Default Why can't I edit my documents?

I have been using Word 2007 on Vista since September 2008 when I bought my
laptop without any problems. The program was included in the price of my
laptop. Suddenly, when I open my documents, I am unable to edit them or type
up new ones. The message at the bottom is saying "Selection is locked". Can
you tell me what this means and how to correct it?

Thanks,
Pam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

Trial version of Office expired or full version not activated?

Note that if a trial version is installed and you want to upgrade to the
full version, it's best to uninstall the trial version before installing the
full.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"Pam" wrote in message
I have been using Word 2007 on Vista since September 2008 when I bought my
laptop without any problems. The program was included in the price of my
laptop. Suddenly, when I open my documents, I am unable to edit them or
type
up new ones. The message at the bottom is saying "Selection is locked".
Can
you tell me what this means and how to correct it?

Thanks,
Pam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Almost certainly unless you paid extra for the Office application, it will
be a trial version and that trial has now expired.
If you did pay extra, then take it up with the laptop supplier.