Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kimmie B Kimmie B is offline

Default Custom 2003 toolbar gone in 2007

In Word 2003, I had a dandy little toolbar attached to a handly little
template that my entire group uses.

It contained buttons for custom paragraph styles.

Now that we've switched to 2007, I no longer seem to have that toolbar. I
understand that toolbars as I have come to know and love them are a thing of
the past.

So the question is this: How do I create something that gives everybody in
my group a button for custom paragraph styles?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should see the toolbar on the Add-Ins tab of Word 2007 when the template
in question is open.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kimmie B" wrote in message
news
In Word 2003, I had a dandy little toolbar attached to a handly little
template that my entire group uses.

It contained buttons for custom paragraph styles.

Now that we've switched to 2007, I no longer seem to have that toolbar. I
understand that toolbars as I have come to know and love them are a thing
of
the past.

So the question is this: How do I create something that gives everybody
in
my group a button for custom paragraph styles?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Moreover, you can right-click on the toolbar on the Add-Ins tab and add it
to the QAT.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You should see the toolbar on the Add-Ins tab of Word 2007 when the
template in question is open.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kimmie B" wrote in message
news
In Word 2003, I had a dandy little toolbar attached to a handly little
template that my entire group uses.

It contained buttons for custom paragraph styles.

Now that we've switched to 2007, I no longer seem to have that toolbar.
understand that toolbars as I have come to know and love them are a thing
of
the past.

So the question is this: How do I create something that gives everybody
in
my group a button for custom paragraph styles?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's a good idea. But, of course, the buttons will only work as long as
the template is loaded into memory.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Moreover, you can right-click on the toolbar on the Add-Ins tab and add it
to the QAT.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You should see the toolbar on the Add-Ins tab of Word 2007 when the
template in question is open.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kimmie B" wrote in message
news
In Word 2003, I had a dandy little toolbar attached to a handly little
template that my entire group uses.

It contained buttons for custom paragraph styles.

Now that we've switched to 2007, I no longer seem to have that toolbar.
understand that toolbars as I have come to know and love them are a
thing of
the past.

So the question is this: How do I create something that gives everybody
in
my group a button for custom paragraph styles?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which it will be if you've put it in the Startup folder.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
That's a good idea. But, of course, the buttons will only work as long as
the template is loaded into memory.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Moreover, you can right-click on the toolbar on the Add-Ins tab and add
it
to the QAT.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You should see the toolbar on the Add-Ins tab of Word 2007 when the
template in question is open.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kimmie B" wrote in message
news In Word 2003, I had a dandy little toolbar attached to a handly little
template that my entire group uses.

It contained buttons for custom paragraph styles.

Now that we've switched to 2007, I no longer seem to have that toolbar.
understand that toolbars as I have come to know and love them are a
thing of
the past.

So the question is this: How do I create something that gives
everybody
in
my group a button for custom paragraph styles?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

You might want to consider using a new W2007 featu the quick styles
gallery. You can add your custom styles to the quick styles gallery of the
converted version(.dotm) of your old template. And you can arrange the order
of the quick styles in the manage styles recommend tab. The quick styles
will appear in the gallery in the numerical order you assign on the recommend
tab. Styles of the same assigned value will be in alphabetical order.

Pam