Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Smith

Default Margins outside printable area

I have a document that was orinally in PDF format but has been converted
to RTF.
Some of the spacing and alignment were not correct after the conversion
but I corrected them manually. Problem is when I try to print the
document I get a message, "Margins of section xx are set outside
printable area" and continue/quit
option box.

Is there a ;simple' way to fix this?

TIA, John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown

Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:25:51 -0700 from John Smith :
I have a document that was orinally in PDF format but has been converted
to RTF.
Some of the spacing and alignment were not correct after the conversion
but I corrected them manually. Problem is when I try to print the
document I get a message, "Margins of section xx are set outside
printable area" and continue/quit
option box.

Is there a ;simple' way to fix this?

Yes, change your margins so that the document doesn't contain text
outside the printable area. Apparently your manual margins aren't
right.

The printable area varies by printer as well as by paper size,
neither of which you told us.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"Do I smell the revolting stench of self-esteem?"
-- Jon Lovitz, in /The Producers/ (2005)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:44:11 -0500, Stan Brown wrote:

Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:25:51 -0700 from John Smith :
I have a document that was orinally in PDF format but has been converted
to RTF.
Some of the spacing and alignment were not correct after the conversion
but I corrected them manually. Problem is when I try to print the
document I get a message, "Margins of section xx are set outside
printable area" and continue/quit
option box.

Is there a ;simple' way to fix this?

Yes, change your margins so that the document doesn't contain text
outside the printable area. Apparently your manual margins aren't
right.

The printable area varies by printer as well as by paper size,
neither of which you told us.

Recently, I began to get this error message too... on docs. Margins
are .5 and when I tell it to print anyway, there is no discernable
problem.