Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KCs Mom

Default display embedded object if converted to adobe

I am using word to produce an electronic portfolio for a class. I have
embedded several files that display if I leave the portfolio in word. But, I
have to convert it to a pdf to submitt to the teacher. When I convert, the
embedded files will not open.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

You need the very latest version of Adobe Acrobat to enable you to embed
files in a PDF.

However, your generated PDF should contain and display everything that was
visible when you began the conversion.

Ensure that your inclusions are visible and displayed in Word as part of the
document before you start the conversion.

So: If you have a picture produced by, for example, CorelDRAW and you
insert it into the Word document as a CorelDRAW illustration, it won't
convert: Acrobat doesn't know to start Corel and cause it to make a PDF
which is then inserted into the main PDF.

But if you export the image from CorelDRAW as an EPS file, then insert the
EPS file into your document as a graphic, and that graphic is displayed in
Word (not in CorelDRAW running within Word) then it will convert normally
into the PDF.

Which types of files are you having problems with?

Hope this helps

On 10/2/06 11:42 AM, in article
, "KCs Mom" KCs
wrote:

I am using word to produce an electronic portfolio for a class. I have
embedded several files that display if I leave the portfolio in word. But, I
have to convert it to a pdf to submitt to the teacher. When I convert, the
embedded files will not open.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410