Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sidcliffe sidcliffe is offline

Default Margins outside printable area

When I start a new document (view normal) and want to print it
I get the message

"The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the
page.
Do you want to continue"

I have tried to set a default page with default margins without
success.

Help for a beginner please

sidcliffe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One, then OK. If
this solves the problem for the current document, you'll need to make the
same change in Normal.dot; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

"sidcliffe" wrote in message
When I start a new document (view normal) and want to print it
I get the message

"The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the
page.
Do you want to continue"

I have tried to set a default page with default margins without
success.

Help for a beginner please

sidcliffe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sidcliffe sidcliffe is offline

Thanks Suzanne,
I'll get to it a little later. Very helpful.

sidcliffe

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One, then
OK. If
this solves the problem for the current document, you'll need to
make the
same change in Normal.dot; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

newsgroup so