Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rajkumar Rajkumar is offline

Default Equation editor slows down

The MS word documents we create saves very slowly when it is more than 20
pages. This happens in most of our computers, when the document contains
equations ( entered using the Equation Editor).
1. Could you please help us with a solution by which we can save the
document faster?
2. How we can make a default setting so that we can keep just the last
copied data / matter only, in the clipboard ?

Thanks in advance

Raj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

It is not possible to save the document faster as you expect, because these
eqautions you embed depends on the complexities - various levels of
superscript and subscripts. Therefore rendering them takes more time even
when you scroll the document. Howerver, the fonts have to rendered based on
the various sizes in the levels of postion. These Fonts are scrable vectar
fonts which has different values at different location in the document.

One posibility of making it save quicker is if place these eqautions as
inline graphics instead of embedding.

Challa Prabhu

"Rajkumar" wrote:

The MS word documents we create saves very slowly when it is more than 20
pages. This happens in most of our computers, when the document contains
equations ( entered using the Equation Editor).
1. Could you please help us with a solution by which we can save the
document faster?
2. How we can make a default setting so that we can keep just the last
copied data / matter only, in the clipboard ?

Thanks in advance

Raj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rajkumar Rajkumar is offline

Dear Prabhu,

Could you please explain what you mean by inline graphics and how to do it?

Rajkumar

"Rajkumar" wrote:

The MS word documents we create saves very slowly when it is more than 20
pages. This happens in most of our computers, when the document contains
equations ( entered using the Equation Editor).
1. Could you please help us with a solution by which we can save the
document faster?
2. How we can make a default setting so that we can keep just the last
copied data / matter only, in the clipboard ?

Thanks in advance

Raj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Inline graphics is clicking the cursor first in a given location and then
pasting the equation. This will make the equations move when there is any
inclusion or deletions of contents in the document. If you have just placed
the eqautions as floating graphics, you might enounter delay in rendering as
well as the word might encounter system error.

Challa Prabhu

"Rajkumar" wrote:

The MS word documents we create saves very slowly when it is more than 20
pages. This happens in most of our computers, when the document contains
equations ( entered using the Equation Editor).
1. Could you please help us with a solution by which we can save the
document faster?
2. How we can make a default setting so that we can keep just the last
copied data / matter only, in the clipboard ?

Thanks in advance

Raj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rajkumar Rajkumar is offline