readhead01

Default reativate restart button bullet and lists gallery

Have read all the documents posted lists, indenting, numbering, bullets
etc. and know how difficult the issue is.
Have turned off all autoformatting of lists.

Have a customed defined style template that is applied to the document.

No matter what I do, when I open the Gallery window to click the radio
button to tell the numbering to restart, the button displays as selected but
grayed out and inactive. Even when I open a new blank document, reset all
the custom gallery settings to default, I still see the button as selected,
grayed out and inactive.

Have tried every trick I can think of:
Completely removing style in selected area
resetting it to normal style
reseting all the list formats displayed in the bullet and numbering
gallery to default
deleting and resetting style
restarting word, restarting computer after each option

Does anyone know a trick to get it to be active again????

Is there some preference file I can trash?

readhead01

Have already beat my head up over all the wonderful instructions at the URL
below, without finding a solution to my peculiar needs for mixing indented
bullets and numerical lists and the messy cirumstances of unknow people on
unknown workstations editing the document at some unknown time in the future.
(As in, do I have to write a user manual just to tell them how to edit the
document?0

Good news.....
However... we have discovered that if you run a number of return lines
(thus inserting several paragraphs between the previous bulleted item, the
numbered list will finally see itself as a "new list". Then, careful
backspacing will close up the gap so that the line is directly after the
bulleted line.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

FWIW, in Word 2002 and 2003, the Restart Numbering and Continue Numbering
commands on the context (shortcut, right-click) menu work very reliably.

-
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.syntagma.demon.co.uk/FAQs...artMethods.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Stefan Blom

If you need to restart numbered styles, see the articles at:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...artMethods.htm.

--
Stefan Blom

"readhead01" wrote in