Addieson

Default Left ruler will not work and it use to.

Teh program had been working jsut fine and suddenly the left ruler is not
working and cannot be moved and when I set the margins it does not recognize
it. I have removed and re-installed the program and still it is not working.
When i open for example a letter done when it worked, the ruler is there.
I am so frustrated.

Addieson

I am using the Print layout view. I tell you this is really odd. Any other
thoughts? i ahve had people in the office look at it as well and no such
luck. It seems that the markers are stuck above the ruller. I don't
understand why when i re-installed it did not make any difference.
Thanks,
Susan

"Addieson" wrote:

Teh program had been working jsut fine and suddenly the left ruler is not
working and cannot be moved and when I set the margins it does not recognize
it. I have removed and re-installed the program and still it is not working.
When i open for example a letter done when it worked, the ruler is there.
I am so frustrated.

Carol

Please post back and let me know what you mean by the markers being stuck
above the ruler. Does this only occur on new documents? Perhaps you could
attach a sample document so that I can see what you're referring to.

"Addieson" wrote:

Teh program had been working jsut fine and suddenly the left ruler is not
working and cannot be moved and when I set the margins it does not recognize
it. I have removed and re-installed the program and still it is not working.
When i open for example a letter done when it worked, the ruler is there.
I am so frustrated.

Addieson

I wish i could attach something but I don't see how i can with this program.
But right at the top of the left ruler there are the arrows like on the tab
setting for the top ruller. I click on them and thy jsut go to the next.
Can't right click tomake any difference it jsut seems like they need to be
ont he ruler. Really odd, and why would this just suddenly happen when it
was fine all along?

"Addieson" wrote:

Teh program had been working jsut fine and suddenly the left ruler is not
working and cannot be moved and when I set the margins it does not recognize
it. I have removed and re-installed the program and still it is not working.
When i open for example a letter done when it worked, the ruler is there.
I am so frustrated.

Carol

Have you perchance lost your "white space?" Try moving your cursor to the
top of the page until it turns into double headed arrows and you will see the
text show white space. See if that doesn't help. Please let me know.

"Carol" wrote:

"Addieson" wrote:

Teh program had been working jsut fine and suddenly the left ruler is not
working and cannot be moved and when I set the margins it does not recognize
it. I have removed and re-installed the program and still it is not working.
When i open for example a letter done when it worked, the ruler is there.
I am so frustrated.

Addieson

Carol, it worked...
I was amazed. I don't know how but I did move the cursor up the page and it
just popped back into place as it had been.
I so appreciate your help.
I have been struggling with this for over two weeks!
I don't understand what happened but I love the fact that I am back in full
operation!
Thanks so much!

"Carol" wrote:

"Addieson" wrote:

Teh program had been working jsut fine and suddenly the left ruler is not
working and cannot be moved and when I set the margins it does not recognize
it. I have removed and re-installed the program and still it is not working.
When i open for example a letter done when it worked, the ruler is there.
I am so frustrated.

Andy Brown Andy Brown is offline
Junior Member

Location: Kingston Upon Hull, United Kingdom
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addieson View Post

"Carol" wrote:

"Addieson" wrote:

Teh program had been working jsut fine and suddenly the left ruler is not
working and cannot be moved and when I set the margins it does not recognize
it. I have removed and re-installed the program and still it is not working.
When i open for example a letter done when it worked, the ruler is there.
I am so frustrated.

That's brilliant. It worked for me too