Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amber

Default accidentally saved text into the "new blank document".

My boss accidentally saved text into the "new blank document" - the document
that opens when you click on the clean page icon, and I can't remember or
figure out how to undo it so that when you click to open a new document in
Word it opens blank (like it should). Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

There is one other possibility that is not mentioned in the essay Suzanne
referred you to.

Go to Tools - Options - File Locations and see whether there is a "Workgroup
Templates" directory listed. Then go to that directory and see whether
somebody has put a "Normal.dot" template in your shared workgroup templates.
If so, open that template and remove the unwanted text.

Hope that helps you. Our group had nightmares after that happened to us
until we had figured out what happened.