Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GoldZ GoldZ is offline

Default Quick parts and Styles

Greetings,

I am wondering about oe feature/bug.

I marked some of my styles as "hidden", not only "hidden until used". Then I
used the same styles for Autotext or in other words, I saved some text in
Quick parts.

When I use that saved Quickpart, everything is working fine, but styles,
marked as hidden are now shown in task pane. Why?

Is that a feature or bug?

Regards,
Zlatko, MOS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Zlatko,

If you used a style that was hidden (from the style menu to be chosen for use) it's now a 'style (already) in use' which changes its
availability so you'd be able to find where the style was used in the document.

FWIW, the Autotext engine is used for all of the document building blocks and its 36 galleries. Two of the galleries carry the name
of 'Autotext' and 'Quickparts'. That mainly helps allocate them to specific locations on the Ribbon or on the Quick Access
toolbar.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

How To Backup Quick Parts Galen[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 February 11th 08 11:44 PM
Quick Parts Vicky Microsoft Word Help 3 November 9th 07 08:36 PM
word quick parts Shaun Microsoft Word Help 1 October 15th 07 09:43 AM
Quick parts from MOSS Lp12 Microsoft Word Help 0 October 14th 07 10:03 AM
Quick parts MADS New Users 1 July 24th 06 11:55 AM