Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
James James is offline

Default COPY and paste !

I tried on general questions but nothing for this...

I have learnt how to insert a page in Ms Word 2002 (alt + enter)
now i went to copy from another Ms word 2002 document and paste it into the
inserted page i made in the 1st document...
trouble is , it loses all its formating, yet it does Not lose its formatting
when i paste it into a newly opened document.
How can i paste it into the added page without loseig formatting?
-------------------
Now each time i come on here, in whatever catigory, it seems iam quickly
able to stump number of people or something... i dont know why that is...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

I don't use 2002 (2000 and 2003) check in Tools, Options, Edit - do you have
the option to select and show the "Paste Options". This activates a little
options list at the point of pasting, ie clear formatting or keep formatting.
This may alleviate your pasting wows, but unfortunately (as listed in your
are possibly based on different templates and/or settings) you will get
differences and possible errors.
I dont think this is different on 2002 but Ctrl+Enter inserts a manual Page
Break,
Alt+Enter repeats previous keystrokes - not sure about this function's
limitations-which does include insert Page Break ;-).

To see the Page Break, toggle on/off the non-printing characters, either by
clicking the "¶" icon or use Ctrl+Shft+8.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"james" wrote:

I tried on general questions but nothing for this...

I have learnt how to insert a page in Ms Word 2002 (alt + enter)
now i went to copy from another Ms word 2002 document and paste it into the
inserted page i made in the 1st document...
trouble is , it loses all its formating, yet it does Not lose its formatting
when i paste it into a newly opened document.
How can i paste it into the added page without loseig formatting?
-------------------
Now each time i come on here, in whatever catigory, it seems iam quickly
able to stump number of people or something... i dont know why that is...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
James James is offline

Well i had show paste options already clicked on and it never gave me a
window to select anything when i pasted.

Now i've gotten myself Ms Word 2007 and maybe there's a better way to
accompish this?

"james" wrote:

I tried on general questions but nothing for this...

I have learnt how to insert a page in Ms Word 2002 (alt + enter)
now i went to copy from another Ms word 2002 document and paste it into the
inserted page i made in the 1st document...
trouble is , it loses all its formating, yet it does Not lose its formatting
when i paste it into a newly opened document.
How can i paste it into the added page without loseig formatting?
-------------------
Now each time i come on here, in whatever catigory, it seems iam quickly
able to stump number of people or something... i dont know why that is...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It isn't a window, the paste options are a small tab that appears at the end
of the pasted section you have just pasted. Click on the box to see the
options.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"DeanH" wrote:

I don't use 2002 (2000 and 2003) check in Tools, Options, Edit - do you
have
the option to select and show the "Paste Options". This activates a
little
options list at the point of pasting, ie clear formatting or keep
formatting.
This may alleviate your pasting wows, but unfortunately (as listed in
your
documents

"james" wrote:

I tried on general questions but nothing for this...

I have learnt how to insert a page in Ms Word 2002 (alt + enter)
now i went to copy from another Ms word 2002 document and paste it into
the
inserted page i made in the 1st document...
trouble is , it loses all its formating, yet it does Not lose its
formatting
when i paste it into a newly opened document.
How can i paste it into the added page without loseig formatting?
Now each time i come on here, in whatever catigory, it seems iam
quickly
able to stump number of people or something... i dont know why that
is...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
James James is offline

TY