amvidapelletier

Default Does the Mail Merge Wizard exist on Word 2003?

I am taking a college class and using a text for Word 2002 although I have
2003 on my computer. I was given a task to go to Tools, Letters and
Mailings, and then click Mail Merge Wizard. I don't see it on my computer.
Am I losing my brains here?
Doug Robbins

It should be there, but if it isn't select Customize from the Tools menu and
go to the All Commands category under the Commands tab and scroll down
through the commands until you locate the MailMergeWizard item. Then expand
the Tools, Letters and Mailing menu and left click and drag the
MailMergeWizard onto the menu.

You will probably find however that it is better to turn on the MailMerge
toolbar by selecting Toolbars from the View menu and then checking the
MailMerge item. You can do all that you want with MailMerge by using the
buttons on that Toolbar and will find it far lest tedious that using the
wizard.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"amvidapelletier" wrote in
message ...
I am taking a college class and using a text for Word 2002 although I have
2003 on my computer. I was given a task to go to Tools, Letters and
Mailings, and then click Mail Merge Wizard. I don't see it on my
computer.
Am I losing my brains here?

amvidapelletier

Hey Doug,
I tried your suggestion, but I could not find the MailMergeWizard item on
the menu. Am I doing something wrong?
I went to Tools, Customize, Commands, then I selected Mail Merge, but there
was no listing of MailMergeWizard. I added the Mail Merge Toolbar, but I
have not tried to complete the task that I had to do yet with it.

Thank you so much for the time you took to help me!
Amy Marie Pelletier (^o^)

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

[...]

Graham Mayor

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm explains the use
of the toolbar etc in greater detail. The mail merge wizard is actually
called the MailMergeHelper.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

It should be there, but if it isn't select Customize from the Tools
menu and go to the All Commands category under the Commands tab and
scroll down through the commands until you locate the
MailMergeWizard item. Then expand the Tools, Letters and Mailing
menu and left click and drag the MailMergeWizard onto the menu.

You will probably find however that it is better to turn on the
MailMerge toolbar by selecting Toolbars from the View menu and then
checking the MailMerge item. You can do all that you want with
MailMerge by using the buttons on that Toolbar and will find it far
lest tedious that using the wizard.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on
a paid consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"amvidapelletier" wrote
in message ...
I am taking a college class and using a text for Word 2002 although
I have 2003 on my computer. I was given a task to go to Tools,
Letters and Mailings, and then click Mail Merge Wizard. I don't
see it on my computer.
Am I losing my brains here?

amvidapelletier

Graham,
Your link didn't work...sorry, I really appreciate your time in trying to
help me out.

Amy Marie Pelletier

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

[...]

Graham Mayor

Doug was correct in that the task pane is also available by the method
sugegsted and is indeed called the MailMergeWizard, but I am curious what
you meant by 'Your link didn't work'. Did you mean that the content of the
page was unhelpful or the page itself wasn't available? If the latter then
please try it again. It should be working - or try the link in my sig. block
and follow the menus.

--
Please respond to the Newsgroup for the benefit of others who may
be interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"amvidapelletier" wrote
in message
I am taking a college class and using a text for Word 2002
although
I have 2003 on my computer. I was given a task to go to Tools,
Letters and Mailings, and then click Mail Merge Wizard. I don't
see it on my computer.
Am I losing my brains here?

amvidapelletier

Graham,
The page itself wasn't available. I clicked on the link at your sig. block,
but didn't know where to go from there. Oh well...
Amy Marie Pelletier (^o^)

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

[...]

Graham Mayor

The page is working correctly - I just checked

From my home page link in my sig block, click the link to Microsoft Word
Tips and look down the list.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

[...]

amvidapelletier

Graham,
Thanks! Your website is great! I bookmarked it for my class.
Again thank you ever so much!

Amy Marie Pelletier (^o^)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The page is working correctly - I just checked

From my home page link in my sig block, click the link to Microsoft Word
Tips and look down the list.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

[...]

Graham Mayor

You are welcome.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The page is working correctly - I just checked

From my home page link in my sig block, click the link to Microsoft
Word Tips and look down the list.