Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rahul Rahul is offline

Default Yellow highlighted figure post copy into MS-Word.

Hi,

There's a place in my Word doc where if I copy this figure it automatically
gets a yellow background. Very mysterious and irritating.

I tried a few test cases:

1. No, there doesn't seem to be "highlighting" on for that cursor location.
The yellow does look suspiciously similar to the highlighter though! (I could
almost swear I saw the yellow highlighter thingy icon flash yellow on and off
once but now no more!)

2. The same figure can be copied to other locations in this doc. or to other
docs. without gaining its yellow face!

3. I do have a lot of formatting, styles etc. for this doc. THe particular
location is right above an older Figure Caption (I deleted the original
Figure) Also, its in its own tin section since I wanted these 4 figs.
Landscaped and the rest of the doc. Portrait.

Just some clues. I hope one of you Word-detective out there has a clue? I'm
stumped!

-Rahul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Rahul" wrote:

[...]

Sometimes, highlighting is "sticky", especially with fields and
figures/images...

Just in case you have not, try this:

Select the paragraph before the figure,the figure itself and the paragraph
following the figure. Now apply pink (or some other colour, but not yellow)
highlighting. Does the backgound change? If so, you did have some
highlighting particularly difficult to get rid of... Now apply "no highlight".