Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ascott ascott is offline

Default unable to open data source

actually I am sure it says "record 17 has too many data fields"
you mean type the entries into the box when it says "create a new list" of
recipients?
there is no way to merge my information into my letters or my labels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It appears that your data source has a problem with record 17 - chances are
that it has an unwanted comma in one of the fields.

ascott wrote:
actually I am sure it says "record 17 has too many data fields"
you mean type the entries into the box when it says "create a new
list" of recipients?
there is no way to merge my information into my letters or my labels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ascott ascott is offline

It's not just record 17, I ran my mail merge 2 days ago with no problems.
Then I had to add-on more addresses which I did, I re-saved the spreadsheet
and when I tried to merge it again I recieved the "word is unable to open the
data source" error, so I came online read the newsgroups, saved my file with
a .txt extension and it still doesn't work I don't know what else to try. I
did the "confirm conversions at open" thing within tools/options/general, I
saved the file as a data base file and it still won't open correctly
Please help me, I am just trying to print letters and labels!
thanks