Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Rabbit Farmer

Default MS-Word. How do I add 'tabs' in the margin to show chapter number

I am putting together a manual. I want the number 1 to be printed in a red
box about 3 inches down the page for each page within chapter 1 (could be 20
pages in length). Then, for chapter 2, I want the number 2 to be printed in
a blue box about 5 inches down the page for each page in chapter 2 and so on.
Each chapter will have its chapter number in a small colored box (ok for
boxes to all be black with a white number). Then, then looking at the edge
of the manual, I will be able to see where chapter one is, chapter 2, etc.
For you VW folks out there... think of the VW Rabbit Bentley manual for an
example.

Thanks for your help!
Steve