Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neal Neal is offline

Default Linking text in a document

I have a document that I would like to enter the name of a person into the
document and multiple fields will be updated throughout the document.

For example:
- The address would be updated to: "Mr. John Public"
- Another area would automatically be updated to say Dear "Mr. Public"
- Lastly a closing area would say "John Public"
--
Neal
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Where does this info come from? Do you wish to Merge from a Database? Use a
Userform (a series of questions for the user to answer) that places user's
answers into the document template?

A little more info would be great!

"Neal" wrote in message
I have a document that I would like to enter the name of a person into the
document and multiple fields will be updated throughout the document.

For example:
- The address would be updated to: "Mr. John Public"
- Another area would automatically be updated to say Dear "Mr. Public"
- Lastly a closing area would say "John Public"
--
Neal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm .

Neal wrote:

I have a document that I would like to enter the name of a person into the
document and multiple fields will be updated throughout the document.

For example:
- The address would be updated to: "Mr. John Public"
- Another area would automatically be updated to say Dear "Mr. Public"
- Lastly a closing area would say "John Public"

Linking Text, Tables and Headers and Footer Text Darren H Microsoft Word Help 1 June 7th 07 02:43 PM
Linking Text within Document Can Microsoft Word Help 1 August 15th 06 04:17 PM
text linking across pages Andrew Au Microsoft Word Help 1 July 15th 05 08:39 AM
Linking text SallyB Page Layout 2 April 19th 05 03:24 PM
linking 2 fields so they both have the same text Fishers Tim Microsoft Word Help 2 March 6th 05 01:43 AM