Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Default Word pad

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883090/en-us "Error message
when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2".

Sharon wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Thank You very much for helping me but it did not wrong it is still saying
cannot load word for windows 6.0 files. i tried as you asked but to no avail
it couldn't open.

Much appreciated.
Kind Regards Sharon

Sharon wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

An alternative to using Wordpad would be to download and install
the free Word 2003 Viewer from
..

Sharon wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

What is my hard disk? Sorry I have forgotten alot of things about computers,
It has been a long day and I am getting annoyed. please garfield-n-odie if
you can help me go through the steps it would be much appreciated.

Sharon wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Hello everyone,
I have tried everything that garfield-n-oldie had told
me to do, I have modify the windows registry...didn't work, I installed the
free word 2003 viewer...didn't work all I have now is funny pictures/signs in
place of the writing. Can someone please help me decode this problem and
allow me to open my wordpad document.

Thank you...Have a good night.
Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Hi Suzanne,
I tried to open it in Word pad but it won't open. When I put my
secondary hard drive in with the main hard hard drive which is now Windows XP
as I had an old computer with the basics back then it doesn't seem to work.
Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is

that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word

pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with

"Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I

have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't

seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me,

much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

I have tried to open it in word pad but I can't seem to find it in my system.
I know it was in my secondary hard drive then I got it put in with my Main
drive. I t is still in my system but I can't find it in my word pad. HELP ME
PLEASE.

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is

that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word

pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with

"Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I

have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't

seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me,

much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Wordpad is part of Windows. Have you looked on the Programs menu under
Accessories?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there some reason you're not opening this in WordPad?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Thank You for getting back to me. Yes word pad is under acessories but when I
open up word pad then the file that I want opened, it isn't there. I can't
seem to find the file that I want. It is now under 2003 word viewer but it
is jumbled up with all different signs and codes. I don't know how to decode
the writing.
Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Hi Suzanne,
Is there anyway of changing the format back or undoing the
corruption if it is....if so how would I know and can I change it back or
have I lost it completely. If I have lost it competely then I have to delete
it out of my system I thought I could fix the problem as it is something I
wrote up for my daughter and now I NEED it for the new baby.

Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried using the Recover Text from Any File setting in Word's File
Open dialog? If that doesn't help, then you won't be able to access this
file.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there some reason you're not opening this in WordPad?

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Can you please tell me step by step how I can do this because I am unsure
what to do. Thank you.

Reageards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Sorry Suzanne, I don't understand much about computers or where I go to
"Files of Type", there was no mention of Recover Text written anywhere.

Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have told you twice that it is in the File Open dialog. On the File menu,
select Open. This opens the Open dialog. In the lower left corner, you will
see a box labeled "Files of type." Click the down arrow and scroll down to
"Recover Text from Any File." This option was added in Word 97, I believe.
If you have an older version, you will not see it.

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Thank You for getting back to me, I had alook in the "Files of Type" and
"Recover Text from any File" is not in there, all I have is Word for
Windows(doc) , Windows Write(wri), Rich Text Format(rtf), Text Documents,
Text Documents Ms-Dos Format, Unicode Text Format & All Documents.

Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Sharon: It sounds like you've got a Word file, but you do NOT have Word on
your machine. Why don't you email it to me at Anne@ (and then the website
right below my name, not the www. part, tho). When you email it, include
everything you want to change on the document, and I will change it, and
send it back to you as a PDF file, which you *should* be able to open.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I have told you twice that it is in the File Open dialog. On the File
menu,
select Open. This opens the Open dialog. In the lower left corner, you
will
see a box labeled "Files of type." Click the down arrow and scroll down
"Recover Text from Any File." This option was added in Word 97, I
believe.
If you have an older version, you will not see it.

so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sorry, I completely lost the plot here (despite the subject line). sigh

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I have told you twice that it is in the File Open dialog. On the File
menu,
select Open. This opens the Open dialog. In the lower left corner, you
will
see a box labeled "Files of type." Click the down arrow and scroll down
"Recover Text from Any File." This option was added in Word 97, I
believe.
If you have an older version, you will not see it.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
qumranandy qumranandy is offline

Dear Suzanne,
I got an e-mail attachment, an .rtf file of a proposed book-review, quite
long, 16 pages. I downloaded it and made extensive corrections to it. I
saved the corrections as an .rtf file then went to send them back to the
author and couldn't find the file. I reaccessed it from my work bar at the
bottom of the screen - I was working on it in Word - and resaved it as a word
document. Now I can't find either file to reattach and send. The files were
saved in a folder called kb2rock5 underLocal Disk c:, Documents and Seeings,
User, Local Settings, Temporary Internet, Conlum.IES (sorry I can't read my
writing), but I can't get past User to Local Settings when I search that way.
Andrew

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

?B?cXVtcmFuYW5keQ==?=

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Afraid you wasted your time and LOST all your work.
The folder you desribed is a TEMP folder and is likely gone.

In the future, when somebody sends you an email attachment of a file you
intend to keep or work on?
Save it to a local folder, do NOT open it from your email software.
Then go to the local folder and open with the software that is
compatible.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jay jay is offline

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyoun is having a great day. I was having
the same problem until I found this download, EnableConverters.zip. Go to
this address:
http://helpdesk.graniteschools.org/d...ent.asp?ID=177. Click on
WordPad Cannot Open Word for Windows 6.0 Files and follow the directions.
It is a free download. And IT DOES WORK! I am now able to read my windows
6.0 files. I hope this and will solve the problem.