Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joseph N. Joseph N. is offline

Default Composing form with multiple pick lists

Is there a way with Word 2003, plus Excel or Access if necessary, to
create a form that has some portions already completed but, for other
portions, the form will complete based upon the user's selection of
options in a checklist? This is different from a drop-down menu in
part because there are any number of combinations that could be
selected. In other words, the form might always read "grocery list,"
but the user will have a checklist of milk, eggs, and butter, and
depending on which lines he/she checks, the form might finally read,
"grocery list / milk / butter." There would not--yet--need to be
logical option strings, just one or two sets of multiple pick lists.
Can Office do this, or would I need something like Hot Docs?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Joseph,

Is there a way with Word 2003, plus Excel or Access if necessary, to
create a form that has some portions already completed but, for other
portions, the form will complete based upon the user's selection of
options in a checklist? This is different from a drop-down menu in
part because there are any number of combinations that could be
selected. In other words, the form might always read "grocery list,"
but the user will have a checklist of milk, eggs, and butter, and
depending on which lines he/she checks, the form might finally read,
"grocery list / milk / butter." There would not--yet--need to be
logical option strings, just one or two sets of multiple pick lists.
Can Office do this, or would I need something like Hot Docs?

You could do this in Word (or Excel or Access - Access would probably
be simplest), but it would require writing macros to accomplish it. I'm
not familiar with Hot Docs, so I can't say whether that would be a
better tool...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joseph N. Joseph N. is offline

On May 3, 12:40 pm, Cindy M. wrote:
You could do this in Word (or Excel or Access - Access would probably
be simplest), but it would require writing macros to accomplish it.

Cindy, if the macro(s) are something you can explain or provide
examples here, please do. If they're proprietary, or if you want to
discuss being hired to help, please let me know off list: jbn10161 @
fastmail.fm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Joseph,

You could do this in Word (or Excel or Access - Access would probably
be simplest), but it would require writing macros to accomplish it.

if the macro(s) are something you can explain or provide
examples here, please do.

Best to pursue this in a word.vba newsgroup, if you want to tackle it
yourself. You'll find many more people there to help (since it's all
volunteer here). You might also want to search the groups, first, as I'm
sure the question has come up before. :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.