Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
D VanHooser D VanHooser is offline

Default Word Mailings

How can I get MS Word (2007) to recognize the Outllook Express Address Book
(.WAB) as opposed to the Outlook Address Book, for mailing addresses?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can't. The function is designed to work with Outlook.

D VanHooser wrote:
How can I get MS Word (2007) to recognize the Outllook Express
Address Book (.WAB) as opposed to the Outlook Address Book, for
mailing addresses?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi D.,

To add a bit to Graham's reply, there is a workaround you can use.

The information from the Outlook Express Address book can be used, but unlike prior versions of Word it can't be used directly.

You first export the address book info to a text file from Outlook Express using File=Export there, selecting as part of the export
the information, fields you'll need for your merge, and save to My documents, or other folder that you'll remember.

Then in Word 2007 on the Mailings tab, use
1. Select Mailings=Recipients=Use Existing List

2. In the dialog that comes up
select OLE DB Database files and [OK]

3. Locate and choose the exported address book file.

4. Choose 'Comma' to both prompts on how your data is separated and turn on the box for 'First row of data contains column headers'

You should then be able to choose the recipients from Word 2007's
Mailings=Edit Recipient List and insert the fields that match from
Mailings=Insert Merge Field

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP