Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke Williams Luke Williams is offline

Default Force Row to appear on following page

Hi,

Word2003

I have a table with a header row. On one of the pages, I have this single
row at the bottom which I would like to force unto the next page. I could
always increase the height of it to make it appear on the next page but I
don't want to do this since all row are similar.

Thanks for your help.

L.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Select the whole row. Click Format | Paragraph. On the Line and Page Breaks
tab, check the "Keep with next" option, and click OK. Note that this keeps
the row with the following row, inserting a page break only when necessary.
On the other hand, if you want to *force* a page break, you can use the
"Page break before" setting instead; it is found in the same dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Luke Williams" wrote in message
Hi,

Word2003

I have a table with a header row. On one of the pages, I have this single
row at the bottom which I would like to force unto the next page. I could
always increase the height of it to make it appear on the next page but I
don't want to do this since all row are similar.

Thanks for your help.

L.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Select the whole row. Click Format | Paragraph. On the Line and Page
Breaks tab, check the "Keep with next" option, and click OK. Note that
this keeps the row with the following row, inserting a page break only
when necessary.

Clarification: The option doesn't really *insert* a page break; rather, it
"moves" the row and the following row(s) across an existing page break, so
that the rows stay together.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On the other hand, if you want to *force* a page break, you can use the
"Page break before" setting instead; it is found in the same dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Luke Williams" wrote in message
Hi,

Word2003

I have a table with a header row. On one of the pages, I have this single
row at the bottom which I would like to force unto the next page. I could
always increase the height of it to make it appear on the next page but I
don't want to do this since all row are similar.

Thanks for your help.

L.

Force even Page RjS, CISSP, CISA Page Layout 4 March 29th 07 12:01 PM
Force even Page Stefan Blom Page Layout 0 March 27th 07 11:27 PM
Force page break yusee_ygs Mailmerge 1 January 28th 06 06:01 AM
Force new page Matt Mailmerge 1 January 27th 06 06:22 PM
Force a page to be Odd or Even Scott.Thayn Page Layout 1 July 29th 05 12:51 AM