Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
womble womble is offline

Default Word 2003 XML support

I have a copy of Word 2003. However, this is the 'basic' edition (i.e. which
has limited XML support). I would like to be able to have full XML support.
Can I just install an upgrade version of standalone Word 2003 over the top?

(i.e.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-05...2371113&sr=1-3)

The nuances of all the different versions of Word are all too much for me !
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Womble,

That particular tradeoff is gone in Word 2007 (there are some new ones MS put in place in other areas g).

If you're going to add a standalone Word 2003 you may want to go into your Office 2003 Basic Edition and set Word to 'not available'
then restart the PC then install the standalone (or Office 2003 Professional Edition) to readd Word.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP